Today Was a Good Day

My friend Ice Cube once said, "Today I didn't have to use my AK, I have to say it was a good day." So I never plan on using an AK and don't quite live the life as Ice Cube but strangely enough he teaches us a lot, and something that I have been focused on way to much lately.

I think it is common in our day of age to think negatively and to look more to the downfalls, when in reality "I have to say, today was a good day." I do this little thing where I stress myself far to much over just little things whether it is a few points on an assignment or even what I'm going to eat (Fat Kid Story) but it is so much easier for us as humans to look at these things that bring us down rather than look at the positives that make it a good day.  I mean yeah I might have missed 2 points on that assignment but how often do we look at it where I still got 8 points on it. I know I have just put my days down recently with finals here and workload seeming bigger than ever but I mean really I can't complain. It has been 70 degrees outside, sun has been shining, I got offered the opportunity to be an EFY Counselor, I am not feeling too overwhelmed with exams, and I am still alive.

Well I feel like I always talk about it, Life is just too good, you are too blessed to be stressed. I look and see others going through hard circumstances and do it in such an empowering way that is so motivating to me. My life is great and I just need to, for a lack of better words, don't worry be happy! I don't really know what I said but I do know that I feel overwhelmed but I still am able to feel happiness in my life. I can never emphasize enough how much more enjoyable life is and will be as you do what you can to be happy, find your happy place or activity to release some stress, SERVE, or just sit back and smile as things happen in front of you. So no matter what life throws at you take that music and make a song like good 'ole Uncle Bob Marley as he soulfully sang, "Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright"

Life is Good. One Love!



I MEAN LOOK AT HOW HAPPY THESE BELOVED PEOPLE IN MY LIFE ARE!!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts