Return to Me

       It's been a while since I've been on here but so much of it rings true. I still live by the title of this, Let Life Play the Guitar Strings. What a perfect time to reflect on it now than the New Year and even more the start of a New Decade. These past 10 years have been a blur but what hasn't changed is the fact that life goes on and I love it. The next few posts I want to break down each of the past 10 years and what I've learned from each of them.

       As I restart this journey, I reminisce on "Let Life Play the Guitar Strings". This all started from a love of music and listening to a Macklemore song called "The Town". The lyrics of the song talk about where he comes from and tells an awesome story. He starts the song by saying "Our music, our movement, the history lives through us. I write to the beat and let life play the guitar strings." This has had a huge impact on me and the way I think about life. Everything in our lives live through us. History is happening now and we have the chance to write it. Life has this constant and that is life and time. Life and time don't slow down they don't change according to us, but with a constant comes a variable and that is us. It is up to us how we live or how we "write to the beat" no matter what. When life throws curveballs at us, it becomes a choice whether we write a tragedy or a blessed redemption song. Through it all there are always lessons that we can take away and as cliche as it sounds Life is what you make it.

        So as I move forward join me in the movement to Write to the Beat and Let Life Play the Guitar Strings. One Love. Bless Up!



Comments

Popular Posts