Isn't it About Time

Well it has been a while but I'm trying to do this again. I don't know if anyone actually reads this but it allows me to share a little bit about what's going on in my life and some of the things that God has in store for me. It was something that became so stress relieving and really I just kind of enjoyed doing it at least for me.

My life has been so crazy as of recent. This last New Year's I remember telling my best friend Juan this is my Year. I didn't know why I said that but man has it turned out to be so true. I found friendships, visited the motherland of the Philippines, met the love of my life, grew closer to my Heavenly Father, worked an amazing summer with amazing youth, started school again, and got engaged to Lindsay Ann! We will get married by the end of the year and needless to say it's been all emotions this year but has definitely been my year. God is so good to me. He knows exactly what I need and at what times.

I can't explain how amazing it has been to re-meet and get to know and fall in love with my best friend. Lindsay Ann is her name. So our story is that we met as we were both missionaries for our church in Las Vegas. Her first month there was my last month there so we only ran into each other a few times as we played sports. She then came home a year and a half later, it will be a year home this November. We didn't write or anything during that time. We became Facebook friends when she came home and that was about it. Then came President's day. It was a perfect weekend I went down with my buddies Juan and Ryan for the World Rugby 7's Tournament in Las Vegas. Little did I know that Lindsay was going down the same weekend. She over invited people and heard that I was going down so she contacted me to help her take people down. I ended up not needing to take anyone else down but we have talked everyday since then and it has been such a blessing to me and I can't wait to spend the rest of eternity with her.

I also just had an incredible summer. I had the opportunity to work for Especially for Youth again. This is a summer youth program through my church that helps youth come closer to Christ and become a better them. I felt so blessed to be able to learn from these incredible youth. Something that I have learned is how blessed we are and the fact of the matter is that God has a specific plan for each and everyone of us. It is amazing to me to realize how blessed we really are. These youth helped me to feel so blessed and loved. It has been a great opportunity to work for this amazing program the past 2 summers and it will always have a special spot in my heart.

A familiar LDS Hymn says, "When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost. Count your many blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done." Throughout this past year there has been a lot of different trials that came upon me and I know that there will continually be more and more but I have come to recognize that it makes the biggest difference on how we handle them. We make the choice of whether or not to let them take over our lives or if we let them motivate us and become someone better. Sometimes we need the help of others to help us overcome these trials and we just need to let them in. Other times it's up to you! But no matter what I know that the Lord is always there and has His hand in it to teach us something. The whole purpose in which I started this blog was to help me to realize the blessings in life as it approaches us, as I have seen and heard life will play the guitar strings and it is up to us to write to the beat. We create our own music masterpieces of life and to each of us our own, but that is just it, make it your own! Life is good, One Love.





Comments

Popular Posts