Slow Down and Smell the Roses


My dearest friends! Just recently I have had a lot of time to be thinking about things and just the lessons that I have learned in my life. Let me tell you life is GREAT even through everything bad that may happen to us God is so good to us. I guess bear with me as I get to ramble a bit. 

I guess to let you all in my life, especially since I haven't publicized a lot, this last little bit has been a bit crazy to say the least. First of all there is school I knew what I was getting myself into this semester but I didn't know what I was getting myself into. It has been a lot of work but I do have to say I have learned quite a bit. I then got engaged and so trying to help plan that wedding has been quite a trip and I do have to acknowledge that my Fiance Lindsay is a superstar handling all of that with such poise! Then just 2 weeks ago I tore my Achilles tendon and had the repaired just about 6 weeks out of being married. Needless to say a lot has been going on but all I have to say about it is, WHAT A BLESSING! 

School hasn't turned out exactly what I want it to be and yeah it has been a little harder than I thought but it helped me realize what I am good at and what maybe I could do better. Seeing such an example of balance and diligence in Lindsay has motivated me to be better and try and help in anyway possible. Tearing my Achilles, well that took a little bit longer to for me to see the blessings. It helped me to slow down though and realize what is important. I looked around the Orthopedic Surgeons office and just thought to myself It's going to be alright and I really got lucky! I see people struggling with so many bigger things than me and just think who am I to take away help from them and really just count my blessings.

One thing that I have seen is people are great but also people can be frustrating. I really do love being with people and trust everyone or at least try to. I would tell me EFY boys every week you have my trust and respect until you do something to lose it. I feel like that with people. I think everyone does deserve our trust, love, and respect and sometimes that breaks and needs rebuilding. But even when those things do happen, Slow down and Smell the Roses and see the blessings from it. I have learned so much about being a friends from these instances and how I can improve my relationships. Although it may hurt and it is tough sometimes, there IS a blessing in it all.

I in no way see myself as perfect. Sometimes I just get so annoyed with everything and life but something that I've learned is life just feels better when you look for the blessings. My Life's music and soundtrack is still always a work in progress, but everyday I Let Life Play The Guitar Strings and I write to the beat. Slow Down, Be Happy. Life is Good! One Love! 

Comments

Popular Posts