Lessons of the Decade Pt. 2010

Here it goes the lessons from the decade, split into a few parts. Bear with me as I reflect for myself and hopefully share something that could maybe help someone else.

2010

This was a year of chapters. This meaning there was chapters that ended and new ones that opened. I started a sport that I never played in Lacrosse and excelled becoming a starter. I found a new love for a sport as I opened the door to a new chapter. Later on it allowed me the chance for new opportunities (playing at college) and helped me connect to others. I then graduated High School closing the chapter on the High School years that I loved so much. I was living my best life having really good friends, awesome teachers, and an incredible counselor. The administration liked me and I loved playing all the sports. I thought it was the best time of my life and it was at the moment but I didn't know the good that was to come.

Next Chapter was college at BYU. I got to be there with my Brother but outside of him, I didn't have a ton of friends attend school with me. I was presented with the chance to re-identify myself but in turn I was able to find who I truly was. I immediately went out and started connecting with some incredible people. I was then shocked as I was offered and got a job as an RA in the dorms I was already living in. BYU was offering to pay me to live where I already was with my friends. DOPE.  I made some of my closest friends there and I was pushed more than I ever had been finding a balance of being a friend and having a responsibility role. 2010 brought me 2 lessons. Lesson #1: One door closes and another one opens to a dark room, you just have to take a step of faith to find the blessings and joy. I found so many things ending in my life and I was so nervous for the next step (deciding colleges was so scary), but as I took a step of blind faith I wouldn't trade it for anything. I was done playing high school sports when football ended, then I decided to try out Lacrosse and did really well and even had the chance to play at BYU. I chose to go to Utah where none of my current friends were going to be and just really rely on family but ended up finding so many friends who turned into family. Lesson #2: Growth truly does come when we are the most uncomfortable. I went from my awesome high school experience of feeling so comfortable, knowing everyone and a lot of people knowing me as well as school being easy for me to the complete opposite. I was so humbled to become a big fish in even a bigger pond. School was hard. I never had to try in High School if I'm honest but college classes kicked my butt, but I also learned more in those classes than most of my high school career.  I didn't know anyone. I had to put some trust in myself and find who I truly wanted to be and follow it. It didn't make school easier, although I did find some amazing people along the way, but it did help me grow. 2010 became a big defining year to who I am. There truly are lessons in everything, the good the bad and the ugly. This was the year that helped me to truly write to the beat and let life play the guitar strings. One Love. Bless Up.

 
 


Comments

Popular Posts