lessons learned





Well well well family this week was another week at the grind. So thats all this week really was going around visiting families and learning a lot from everyone. Something that I am trying to do now in my journal is everynight not just recapping the day but also writing a lesson that I learned that day because I have now realized how important journaling is and how much of an impact it can have so hopefully my children will be able to learn from my example that i was able to write down. So this started on Wednesday We went on exchanges and the lesson I learned from the other Elder is how important it is to listen to everyone and that listening is the true key to all relationships. I also learned that day as Me and Gonzalez were talking that he is a very smart person apparently almost to the genius point but he never fully developed it but because of this he feels as though he has a little bit of social problems so What I learned is that although you may spend 9 weeks with someone there might always be something behind all that they do so never be too quick to judge but also patience is important in all things. Wednesday we got right to it and walked around to talk/visit and get referrals. The lesson from Thursday first applies to missionary work then ties it all together. First we need to talk to everyone we see but in order to do so we need to be confident. This will come as we are patient with ourselves and look and see the strengths which we can find within ourselves. Friday was a good day as we got to go do an interview for a kid that i taught once on exchanges it was exciting to see how he remembered me and was soooo excited and I also got a package from Al. So first lesson is really how much of an impact you can have on just one meeting so never take it too lightly and also getting another package from family it really struck me how important family is that they will always be the ones who will be there, they will always love you, and will be with you for eternity so thats why its so important to have a good relationship and I'm sooooo glad our family is awesome I love you all and feel your support everyday. The lesson is something Al left me too is that We are who we are for a reason, our desires and things may change but we need to never lose sight of who we are, our true friends, and the way we love others. 

The most important thing is that we love everyone and that should never change. Then saturday the lesson is patience, how patience is truly a virtue and a well needed one. Without patience we cannot love someone fully but that patience starts within ourselves as we are patient with ourselves and seeing the things that bug us but seeing that change in ourselves first. I love you all thanks for all that you do. This week I get to go down to Vegas again for a Mission Conference where Elder Merril K Jensen of the 70 is doing something for us then a fireside that night so we get to work all day down there too!! Im sooo excited. Les amo Mucho. yo siento sus oraciones y yo espero que sientan mis oraciones tambien.

con amor,

Elder Dubois


"my lunch"

Comments

Popular Posts