Living Through Others

Day by day I realize the difference it makes to be surrounded by those you enjoy. I really do love my family and friends and the joy that it does bring into my life. Something that I have seen is that when others are in joy within your presence. All day, I was feeling blessed just working and being around people and meeting new people but how much greater it is to be able to truly help someone. Okay sure I get to answer questions about online classes but to some of these people they make it seem like I just solved a crime and literally just makes me smile from ear to ear inside. Then after work how awesome it was to be able to just spend time with some dear friends, some I've known and lived with, and others I just met within the last few months. Just spending time talking and doing what they love, even if its different from what I love, like soccer or hearing how others are just being brave (unlike myself), the light you can just see in them is so fun. But when does that feeling come to us and why? For real this was one of the most important lessons I think I could've learned is that of selflessness. In the bible there is an instance of a King talking to others, his servants and he says, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me". In this instance the king is representative of the Lord. He is telling us how when we serve others we are then serving Him. So what does that have to do with being with people you love and giving them your thoughts? What greater service can we give than to give ourselves to others, our time, our thoughts, and ultimately ourselves. That is how I learned is the when and why. We do it to become a better person. We get that feeling when we start thinking about others. 

To tie that into the theme now and why give it the name Living Through Others. I don't know how it is for all of you but there is just a different ring about your own voice, especially when you sing, but we are always seeking for others and their music. We all are living in this same life and it seems like the music Life is playing is so different but oh so familiar and how beautiful it is to see others creating wonderful symphonies. I only think to some of my dear friends in Las Vegas who despite the music that life has given to them the redemption song they are now singing is more beautiful than any pain they have felt before hand. And how true that was for me. I personally don't feel like I have had it too hard but to see these songs being sung lights me up gives me life, and gives me hope. These are the people I gave my heart to and in turn I feel my life being enlightened and thus I begin to Live through others, and their joy becomes my joy. 

In no way am I perfect at this concept and none of us really will be, we will all feel that slight bit of selfishness within us, and that's okay. Something that I have had to teach myself and I continue to learn is that of putting yourself out there in the life of others and just feel that joy. I have never felt so blessed then those nights after hanging out and spending some good quality time with friends and reflecting on the things that I have improved because of them. There joy truly does become mine. I at times lose myself and do what I can to help them. Why am I so happy? Living my Life through others. Take time reflect on those who mean a lot to you. How have they helped you become the person you are today? When was the last time you sat down and talked with a good friend? Just take time and it'll be worth it. Life is Good. One Love. 

Comments

Popular Posts