Reflection in the Water

It's really interesting how sometimes things just catch the gear in your mind. Something clicked and its amazing that when you truly do start writing some of your thoughts and blessings down how more apparent they become in your life. More often then not these blessings and things that happen in my life tend to be something that I know and just sometimes takes something else to happen for it to just hit me over the head sometimes.
For one reason or another I have been talking to some of my good friends about relationships, with those we care about but more so with that of the opposite sex. How awesome are these relationships that we seek? But let's be honest how disheartening can it be as well! One thing I try to keep in my past but really makes up me is that growing up I was shy, I lacked personal self confidence. At first that is why I started to live more through others. It truly is sad and it is something that all of us do face at times, that inner sense within us saying, "you're not good enough". Having the opportunity to talk to other friends about these relationships they're having of course invites more so this opposition. I thought about this and how really its when you're close yourself to certain goals or helping and seeing others reach that goal is when you receive the most temptation and opposition. I definitely feel that day by day, but then I remember the lessons I've learned I am ME. It doesn't matter who everyone else is. It really doesn't matter the life they live. Their life will never be yours. Someone you know loves YOU, not you trying to be the popular kid but simply YOU. My love for music has really helped me look into lyrics more and what they mean. One verse that always sticks with me is that of my man from Minnesota, an albino Rapper, Brother Ali. In his song Forest Whitaker he says (replacing a few words), "I'm not the classic profile of what the ladies want, You might think I'm depressed as can be but when I look in the mirror I see sexy as can be and if that's something you can't respect then that's peace, my life's better without you actually. To everyone out there who's a little different, I say dang the magazine there are God's fingerprints. You can call me ugly but can't take nothing from me, I am what I am doctor you ain't gotta love me". How true that is that we're not going to always fit the mold but we weren't made to. We truly are God's fingerprints. I want everyone who does actually read this to ponder that. You're God's fingerprint, forget what the magazine says, forget what others say trying to tear you down. You are You. 
And finally just want to post this video by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, an Apostle from my church. He shares a similar message as Brother Ali but really touched me. Sometimes we are going to feel like the outcasts, or the ones who will never make it on the charts, but newsflash there are new found artists everyday. What makes them any different? They do what they love and it doesn't matter who tries to stop them. Same with us in our lives. Sure customs change, the fad is different everyday it seems but write the music of life you love and as you do so you'll be Number one on someone's top Charts! Life is Good Y'all. One Love! 




Comments

  1. AMEN!! i know what you are saying, 100%! Some people thing you? Shy? I say unto -- yah! We all struggle, but if we TRULY recognize our potential, and stretch ourselves just a little bit, we will reach the stars, and find that someone who really loves US for who we really are! AGREED!

    And -- yes i love that you too the words of a MN Albino rapper and made it really really mean something, something deep! Thanks Drewbaby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts