Change the World

"Oh I wish I had the power, the power to change the world, but I'm just one man trying to do it on my own. Can someone help me?" -Sean Kingston "Change"

I think often times this is how we think I know I do. I love seeing that change and I look around and just want to do so much for this world but I'm just one man. How much can I really do? This is really what has been playing through my mind a lot. I look around on this great campus of BYU and see so many people and how beautiful the campus is. Then those negative thoughts tell me that you are nothing and it's too big for you to make any difference, there are too many people better than you, it's just easier to keep to yourself. And some of that does have truth, it would be a lot easier to just keep to myself and live for me, and you better believe there are some amazing people here whom I look up to, but there is no other Drew Dubois, DD, Drewbaby's here. So yeah I am just one man sometimes feel like I'm trying to change the world all on my own but who knows who's world I can make a difference in. All we gotta do day to day is live our lives! We don't know the difference we can make in someone's world. Yeah its tough when you feel something for someone, a friendship, bond, or even more and the reciprocation just might not be there but there is a reason why they were led into your life one way or another whether they know it or not. I have had so many people come into my life and change it for the better in which I don't think i show enough gratitude for. What a blessing it is that we have that opportunity to pay it forward and make a difference for someone else.

Look y'all I don't know if this means anything to anyone else, these blogs and all, but I know that I was meant to share it for someone, whether myself or someone else. It may seem at sometimes that we're not going in the right direction. For me coming home and seeing others just plug along in life, school, careers, marriage and everything was way overwhelming. I mean I'm still trying to figure out how I got out to BYU like what was going on in their minds. For real though that was a little discouraging I felt behind and took a lot of evaluation. God doesn't ask for us to know everything or to arrive at these checkpoints in our lives by a certain time. He asks us to be moving onward and upward. Don't be discouraged, be yourself. I have come to realize it will never seem like we are changing the world with our lives and who we are, but doesn't that all start with the way we are moving and our attitude. Make the resolution today to Write to the Beat as Life plays the guitar strings and you're song will change and motivate someone else. In the process you'll learn a lot about yourself. I know I have. Please y'all give feedback or if you would like to talk about any topics just let me know. LIFE IS GOOD, ONE LOVE.

Comments

Popular Posts