The Times They are a Changing

My friend Bob Dylan once wrote, "The times they are a changing" and how true that is. I can't believe how fast things are moving forward. As I cruised around last night I was thinking about what is going on in life then my head started to hurt. Just kidding but for real so much, unbelievably I am approaching three months home from my mission, I have about a full week of classes under my belt again, and boy there are soooo many people here to meet and greet. Really everything in life is just moving forward and changing. This brought me to a couple things that I need to continually remember and work on: 1. Adapting to change or Taking the punches as they come and 2. Enjoy now.

First off how often do we receive all sorts of punches in our life or different changes, I think more often than any of us would really appreciate. As I thought about that though I wondered are all punches really that bad? Sure physically I don't think they are to enjoyable but in this circumstance why can't they be good. Just recently I met some friends playing some sports just randomly. I didn't think much about that at the moment as far as if I would actually ever spend time with them outside of that. Then somehow one way or another I ended up spending time with some of them and just really neat to see how they are good friends and we really clicked. Just a quick random change that turned out for the better. Then of course we do experience some other changes like spending time with someone and having a good time then all of the sudden losing all contact. But hey what can we do but really just roll with it. With all of the changes and punches in our life they aren't placed in our lives to tear us down at all but really to learn and grow moving forward, yeah we're supposed to remember what happened but not let it drag us down. Elder D. Todd Christofferson shared a message of hope and exactly that how sometimes we get changes unexpected punches that seem like we're being torn down but in reality it's meant for us to grow and produce even more.
 Secondly, Enjoy Now. Y'all something about today its called the present. Its a blessing we got today, a "present" from God. I know this is like the corniest thing in the world but for real just take a second and look around and see how good today really is. Something my sister advised me to do throughout my mission that I still think about everyday was that of looking for God's hand in your life daily. This also includes His Hand in your life in the past and in the future it starts today. On a not as spiritual note my friend Slug from Atmosphere wrote in a song,"Yesterday", "The only guarantee in life, is a life worth dying for. Death don't wait for no one, it's sitting on your front door" What a kind of somber thought but true fact too. We don't actually know what's going to happen with us, I've thought a lot about that with my health and of those around us, but when you wake up you're guaranteed at least a little longer so why not live for it. Why do we then let others try and take that guaranteed time from us? Live now and be happy remembering who gave that day to you.

Look I don't know if this just seems like rambling or if I repeat myself but these are things that have helped me. Everything I write aren't pre-conceived ideas but straight off the dome. Out of all people I know that I am the hardest on myself. I sometimes feel like the world is against me getting punches thrown at me and I do have thoughts of why me? Then I think what a blessing. I have another day to work towards something greater than me. We're "torn down" sometimes so we can better reach our potential, and how can we reach our potential if we don't live NOW. I appreciate if y'all do actually read these and would love to hear some of your comments. Life is Good. One Love.

Comments

  1. Drew, I love your blogs :D They're straight from the heart; I love your sincerity.

    Elder D. Todd Christofferson's talk touched me today in particular. I have my own struggles, but I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of them. He knows my potential and is kind enough to do everything He can to move me towards that despite my reluctance, fear, and/or inability to see that same light within myself.

    So just thanks for being brave and willing to share your thoughts and feelings.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts