The Little Things

Well here we are again y'all, I'm trying to be better and post more often cause even if no one reads this it gives me time to reflect on life. I realize that sounded a bit selfish and it kind of was but I do actually hope others read this and get as much out of it as I do. Forgive me for not writing and for not being super good at it!!

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the little things in life. How easy is it to overlook those things?! I just stop and slow down for just a second before I fall asleep and night and realize how I just got caught up in everything and let it all take me away a bit. Don't get me wrong these big things, like school and work and all that jazz, are really important but so are the little things. I think of my happiness. This doesn't seem like a small thing but it's full of the small things of life. Why do we let ourselves to not be happy? Life is so much more fun and enjoyable when we are. Find the little things that make you happy. Here are just some suggestions that I have seen for me and of course my happiness is different than yours but that doesn't mean we can't help each other be happy!

1. Acts of Service- This is so much fun and how much better you feel when you just forget yourself for just a bit and care about someone else. I had the great opportunity to go with my ward to deliver valentines to an assisted living center and this was a bigger planned service but just going in and talking and spending a bit of time with these people brought such a pure joy to me.
2. Compliments- Again this is a little bit like service to where you just forget yourself for a bit. We care a lot about how we look and what we do ourselves and what others think. Just don't worry about it sometimes and just tell someone else they look nice or how great of a friend they are to you. Just some simple kind words go a long way and I promise they will come back to you!
3. Me Time- We love forgetting ourselves for the sake of others and it feels great, but give yourself some love too!! Everyone spends their own "Me Time" differently. Find what comforts you and do it! I wouldn't recommend doing this for hours on end, there are things to do, but give yourself some time occasionally. I found some "Me Time" as I just went to my apartment's basketball court and shot just me and my Jahwaiian Music. I loved it! Felt refreshed to go out and have a great time that night.
4. Don't forget those you care about- Guys this is so simple yet so hard. I know we all care about a lot of different people. We care about them for a reason. Don't forget that. Let them know. A simple thank you can go a long way and so can a "I'm sorry". In turn, those little things for the bad can go a long way too, like holding a grudge, not letting the past go, and letting their faults become more important than their strengths and why you became friends with them. These simple friendships and relationships can and are meant to become bigger lasting things. Just let them. Do the small things to keep them important to you.
5. Look up and Smile- This life is too good y'all! Just look up and around at the beauty of it all. How incredible is it that their is such individuality in everything in nature from each blade of grass to the clouds in the sky? And how we are all similar as human beings but yet so different and so beautiful in our own ways! I can't help but smile. And let's be honest everyone's more attractive when they smile and I'm not gonna try and give you some fact but hey I always feel better when I smile and all my troubles melt away! Give it a shot! I'd love to see your smile!

Well really this life was meant to enjoy. We were meant to help each other enjoy it. Here are some little ideas that we can do and there are so many more just help each other. You never know what life is going to throw at you or what music it'll play, but no matter the music I will dance and it will be fun! That's my song and try and add a bit of that to yours. I love being happy and love it when others are happy too! So just write to the beat and let life play the guitar strings. Life is Good. One Love!!


REMEMBER: JUST SMILE!!!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts