What is Love?

What is Love? And I know a majority of you reading this immediately responded with "baby don't hurt me". Well hate to break it to you but it is actually more than just a one hit wonder from the 90's, it is a sappy feeling that we all feel and seek for. This last week with Valentine's puts forth an emphasis on this emotion even more so in my own mind.
First and foremost what is it. According to Merriam-Webster's dictionary it is a feeling of strong or constant affection for a person. I don't believe that is wrong but I think that intimidates us all a bit. We see it so often placed as this strong emotion that you share this strong affection with and even more so associate that with physical expressions. As I think more about that it is so true. I know that I will love my future wife with that affection, but I think Love is more than that. I add that Love is when someone else's happiness is placed before yours and that is the true expression of love. Since other's happiness is more important to you than you want to do whatever you can to keep their happiness and trust. I first learned this from my loving parents. They of course showed me the affection a child needs but more so they cared more about my happiness, putting aside their duties to watch me play basketball or whatever the case may be. I then saw a portion of this as I grew up and saw and continue to see some amazing friends do the same. I  love coming home and just having my best friend just listen to me complain about how dumb I feel and how hard school is. It's not meant to be a huge expression but it's within the little things. For that reason and this definition I love my family and friends. I know I'm not the best at showing it or saying it but I really do and I'm working on it.
I believe the most important example of Love we need to remember is that of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We read so often the scripture in John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." We see it at sporting events and hear it in church but do we take enough time to think about that sobering thought. God, our HEAVENLY FATHER, loves us so much that He sent His first born Perfect Son, Jesus Christ, to die for us. And imagine the love of Christ that he willingly gave up everything he had and suffered the worst temptation, pain, and most excruciating death so that we may be happy. What a better example of putting other's happiness in front of yours. So I know if you're reading this you're probably sick of me saying things like this but BE HAPPY. Why you ask? Cause God loves you. Christ Loves you. They both have given you life and everything to make you happy. It brings me such joy to feel that love and can really pick you up from a hard day.
Look, when we hear the word LOVE I know we all get freaked out a bit, but really if you're reading this I LOVE YOU. If you don't feel like anyone else does I do. Love really does make the world go round. When's the last time you told someone you loved them, better yet when's the last time you showed someone you loved them. Life is going to keep going and throwing stuff at us that we can't see, but Love helps. I promise just trust when you show love, you'll feel the love back. Get out there and just love. You can't control the music life plays, but write to that beat and make it your song. Life is Good. One Love.

Please watch this Video and take the advice on How to Love!! Leave comments! What do you think Love is? How do you love? Why?


Comments

Popular Posts