bike time, food, and two greenies together


This is unreal!! I'm loving it here though! The work has been crazy but awesome! And its always great to here the family is doing great!! So the first full week in the field was crazy! Last P-day we had a zone get to know you thing and that was cool to kinda figure out people and what not and Elder Bennett from my MTC district is in my zone kinda crazy!! but that was great did some shopping and I got a bike! yeah sorry didn't give you much of a heads up they offered me to call anyone but I decided that was probably not what I needed so I figured wait till next week to let them know. Then we had some dinner from a member its awesome we get fed every night!! its great although one of the Younger guys (older than priest about to go on a mission) told me the average weight gain of the area is about 15 so we'll see how this goes and I'll be here for probably 6 months now due to some changes they want to keep people in an area longer but its been great so far. Friday is our daily planning day so we did a lot of planning and goal setting and we set some hefty goals and it really gave me the opportunity to really sit and feel and wait for the spirit to guide it was neat. Friday night I went and stayed with another Elder, Elder Burton from Sac Town, because Elder Gonzalez is the DL so we went on exchanges so I went to work with him on saturday. His companion is a big round fella with not much motivation to work so they don't get a whole lot of work because they don't have a car so it was good to get down there and get to work with him! And yes we biked!! I didn't do too bad either I still haven't fallen! Its great though its interesting but something I dont know if its just our mission or not but we're trying to teach the restoration to the member families so we did a lot of those which were neat but also so different! It was good to go out and work. Our last contact of the night we were talking to this fella and he was just telling us his life story (this is all in English cause he's an english elder) then this little brownlady comes out of his house. We start talking to her about the church and stuff in SPANISH! It's coming slowly but surely. So that was my first official Spanish Street contact it was neat. Then got back together with Elder Gonzalez on Sunday and boy was it long! We got to church at 8 and left about 3:45 nothing to Dad's day but it was longer than normal because we have 3 wards we cover! So I live in Logandale and we cover one Logandale ward then we cover Muapa which is one ward then we have the whole valley's single adults and Spanish so we have a lot and thus we do have a truck but sunday we were about done with our miles for the month so not using that for a bit. Sunday I got to meat a lady Sister Keller. She's not a member and has been talking to missionaries for like 22 years. On sat her husband died and it was interesting to go over sunday to see how she was doing and she is soooo positive she says she's gonna stop smoking be baptized and serve a mission its great! So we talked to her and everything. We then talked to our Ward mission Leader Brother Willard he's the man! We talked about how we can be the most successful missionaries. He actually served in San Diego mom I think a couple years before but you might have heard of him but he had great success in his mission but we talked a little bit about how we need to just live the higher law being obedient sacrifcing some things and living to our fulles serving with all our hearts might mind and strength like Ammon, Alma, Aaron and all these great missionaries. So he was very motivating. On monday we did exchanges again cause Gonzalez had Leadership and I was with ELDER BENNETT!! Two greenys together! It was crazy I didn't know what to do cause i still don't even know the area! but we tried anyways. We got on bikes went out and started talking to people talked to one guy that told us to come back and it went alright just pooped and sun burnt after hahhaha Then Tuesday was district meeting and we had Bro Willard come again which was great he focused a bunch on Our each individual purpose for being on a mission and he committed us to pray to know and I'm still working on it but that was neat. We have been visiting the Parra family, Romina and Jesus and Vicki, I dont remember if I told you about them or not but its a Mexican family where the Mom is a member. She's married to Jesus who has been investigating for 15 years or something and there daughter Romina is 12 and she's getting baptized on Saturday.So we've been visiting them a lot and trying to get Jesus to be baptized too he's not ready yet I guess but it's coming! We got her little sister Vicki to want to be baptized too so now on Saturday they both will be baptized!! It's awesome but it's amazing how much my love has grown for these people and I can feel it continually growing. Yesterday was an odd day it started off normal just morning basketball then study and what not but some reason I felt really aneomic and body was dead. So the morning it was hard for me to focus and what not but some how the energy came and we began biking again! Oh by the way Monday, Tuesday, and Wed biked all afternoon until dinner. None the less I'm sweating eating better Imma look Dang GOOD hahahha but that night we went to the Udalls for dinner, Bishopric member in Moapa, and that was great. The family was so loving and welcoming and really gave a good vibe back to me. We had to split again because Elder Gonzalez had Stake PEC so I was with a member 19 years old for the night. We went and taught the restoration to a family and I did it by myself and it was awesome. Went so well. We then went and talked to Keller and she's doing great shared verses with her Alma 26:12 and Ether 12:27 and talked a lot about Families and how we can be forever so it was awesome!! but that was the week I guess I've been really enjoying the scriptures so much! I've never felt this love for them before. It's soooo awesome! I've really felt the difference in my attitude when I take the advice of Pres Hinkley's father and forget myself and go to work. Anything that is bothering me doesn't and I guess the verse I want to leave with the fam is Alma 26:12 its just amazing how my relationship has grown with my father in Heaven and I realize how i need to rely on him to succeed. I love you all I'm sorry I don't have time for the personal E-mails but everything is great my health is great work is great got a bike and everything so thank you all for the support I love you all

Les Amo,

Elder Dubois






Comments

Popular Posts