leaders truly guide us


This is unreal how fast has gone by!! It's already the 5th week!! Unbelievable!! This week has been great just back to the grind! Our lessons have been going so well! We had a study/help session with Hermano Giles and he really helped us to realize that we need to teach together! so we've been doing that and It has been going great! My district is great I love how supportive everyone is and everything. Something awesome this week is my love i realized for our leaders. President Uchtdorf gave a devotional at BYU in Nov 2009 entitled Look at the Reflection? but basically he tells the story of the Ugly Duckling and he ties it back to how we really need to just look at ourselves and realize we are our own people! I love it all! It's something I needed.

I realize that I kinda just like to please the crowd I mean not a bad thing way good to relating but sometimes you just need to be yourself and thats what people are looking for! The fireside this week was about missionary work a point that stuck out was they said You can't be afraid of men when your a servant of God! It was way powerful!! I love it then yesterday the devotional was on Love for people, work, scriptures, and everything really. They told a story about a Football player that played the year before the National Championship then left for his mission. Sports illustrated went to Bolivia to interview this missionary and asked why are yous erving a mission and he said, "I'm serving because I love the Lord more than I love Football" This was soooo powerful to me but then they talked about their love for the scriptures and sang a song that said where there is love the Lord is there also so it was something I needed to hear that everything I need to be doing needs to be out of love! I really do love this work and am really growing up I think.

This week Abbie, Jake, Brother Christensen, and Johnny T wrote. It was awesome to write them Abbie is saying how y'all are trying to steal my friend! hahahah jk ... and you guys and Bro Christensen is just the man! He gave me awesome advice! Jake told me how basically He feels like he's following my shoes! Johnny T just wrote so I wrote back just inquring about life and bore a simple testimony! I love it though!! I have been getting the Packages thanks Dad and Mom I got the shirts food and stuff I got the camera cord its just these computers don't let us upload pictures so it sucks but whatever! I got the pictures too Ta Thank you so much!! I loved showing off my family! but everything is great I'm surviving my stomach hasn't blown up yet and I have so many friends here!! It's great!

Oh and by the way I'M ZONE LEADER NOW!! oh my gosh its blowing my mind! Elder Bradford and I were'nt even District Leaders but they called us to be Zone Leaders! I'm so nervous/worried but SOO excited as well. I know that If i just trust the lord will help me it'll be alright! I love this work. I love y'all and all the letters!! AND THE ADVICE IS AMAZING!! thank you so much for talks and such. LOVE YOU ALL
Con amor,
Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts