wam bam, i made i fam

I MADE IT!! I can't believe I'm in Nevada now!! As we were leaving the Airport in SLC we were stuck on the plane for like an hour more apparently we didn't have gas or something but freakin ridiculous i mean i was already freaking out and now they're just torturing me but we finally made it to VEGAS BABY!! It is so nuts the airport is insane!! There was slots everywhere there were huge signs for everything including things of which shouldn't be put insight if you're picking up what i'm putting down! but I went down got my bags then we met up with the President and his wife!! They're awesome!! Pres and the APs gave me big hugs and just made me a little more comfortable! We then went to the mission home where we had training fill out paperwork get the cards and everything but it was awesome!! (by the way mom you were right with the address of the mission home its 9270 Maryland Pkwy something) but we did that and it was great being with people from my district and people I met and people I met there! We then went to Transfer Conference which was nuts! It was crazy to see everyone from the mish i think there but we were there got to hear all the departing missionarys bear testimony got me way excited to see what I could become!! Then the moment of truth came.... I GOT MY TRAINER!! He's way super intimidating at first. His name is Elder Gonzalez and he's the man. He is from Chile originally then moved to Utah and now has been out for 17 months! We got a picture then went in and sat back down for a little longer then we figured out our assignments and.... I'M IN THE MESQUITE ZONE!! We have 4 wards Muapa, Logandale 2nd, Mud River, Muapa YSA it's 3-1 English to spanish I think so it will be interesting! and Elder Gonzalez is District Leader! It's crazy I already love the members that I met out here but its really crazy our area is bilingual so I'm teaching in English and in Spanish!!! The first night we had a lesson with an investigator named Lorena Navarro? (i think) it was in spanish! It was absolutley nuts! They keep dropping letters and I can't understand a lot of it and my mind is just blown but i actually did talk a little bit in the lesson as much as I could at least! It was great though and we even had Dinner with a member that night. She was from the Spanish ward so It was hard for me to understand her a lot but the food was pretty good we had to eat in 10 minutes so we scarfed! Then she gave us Tres Leches Cake!! It was BOMB!! but apparently we can't normally take desserts from members cause apparently the average weight gain in this area is about 15 lbs hahahha so they stopped the desserts at dinner! So we starte a part of a new program as I have mentioned and this includes being with my trainer for 2 transfers (3 months)!! this is exciting! Im glad I got a good trainer!! But we have a program where basically we study all morning to lunch then go! 1 hour of personal 2 of Comp and Langauge STudy!! Its gonna be great!! The next day Wednesday was even better!! We started with our studies and it was amazing how focused I was and how the scriptures work. I was talkin with Elder Gonzalez and mentioned that one of my goals for the mission is to be really converted and lo and behold I read Alma 36? but he talks on how we was converted it was crazy!! But we went and visited a lot of people I even did a car contact (which by the way I'm driving a truck!! Yeah I'M DRIVING ALREADY!!) but its just awesome to see the sprirt guide! The biggest one is we went and visited Hector. He's a memebr and he's 20 but he's been getting into not so great things and were trying to prepare him for a mission so we went and talked to him but the spirit was so strong and I could see it in his eyes so I mean he's going to Church on sunday and we'll find out if he talks to the Stake Pres and what not! We also had another Dinner (every night I guess!!) with the Staley family! They are great! Theres a boy I think 19 justgot his call to D.C south english and so he's preppin a lot for that but the food was great and afterwards we talked about helping them bring back his brothers to the Gospel! We then went to the Parent Family house to teach the Restoration! It was awesome!! They're members but it was so awesome to teach and I didn't even know I could do it in English!! I could tell there love for missionary work and willlingness to help us!! I'll have to send pictures next week but its crazy here so hot! Dirt roads trailers and everything I'm loving it though!! Tonight I'm excited we have a full night of appointments and Gonzalez wants me to challenge 2of them to baptism! Im excited!! I can't believe this work it's incredible!! I'm just excited to see what it brings as i work and work and one of the things they're emphasizing is obedience!! MONEY!! So i mean this is all new but Im so excited just doing my thing doing it big and Pray to help me figure out names!! I'm struggling with that trying to meet everyone! I don't know what to do with my camera and stuff I can send pictures and what not but should i send memory card home and het a new one or try and put them on CD's just let me know!! I hope y'all are keeping up with my media!! I need your help with that!! So they did tell me just family emails but If you could fwd them to some people especially my mission friends that would be great!! I'll send some emails out with those!! So my address now is P.O. Box 233 Overton, NV 89040 and I'll be here for most likely 6 months (another new thing they are doing is trying to keep missionaries in an area for 4 and a half  to 6 months and theres a chnce I'll be training after 2 transfers!!) It's unbelievable to see the Lord's hand in my life I'm so blessed being here! I mean great work tons of members and everything they even give us free cereal eggs jam bread and some other things!! UPDATE ME ON EVERYTHING!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Elder DD Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts