teaching the restoration to stake baptisims

Well Fam Bam
 
The past couple days haven't been super busy but I guess I got a little news to report. Well on P-days we go up to Moapa to our Spanish Branch Presidents house and in his Garage thing he has a racquetball court so obviously we gotta go up and play!! So that is our P-day but then on Fridays we have weekly planning so basically the whole day is taken up so not a whole lot there either I kinda freaked out a bit just cause I dont know to be honest I just don't feel super comfortable with spanish and my comp often times put me in tough situations which is good but I dont know so im working on it and just trying to get more confident with my spanish so we do speak it sometimes at home and on the road and stuff I know a lot just dont give myself enough credit. Something that our whole mission is doing and I dont know if its the same there but our mission pres asked that we teach the restoration to each member family. Its a real neat experience a lot of practice and the spirit is sooooo strong. Its amazing and I hope in turn really gets the familys excited about missionary work or at least strengthens their testimony. So thats what our friday night was and we visited a member and talked about the Indian Reservation with him, and sorry to say he left the football game on so we watched just a little bit but it was sick. TCU vs. Baylor! hahahahh but we got out of there then. Saturday we went on exchanges so I was in Logandale with Elder sims a scrawny guy kinda awkward guy that goes home in Dec. They dont have much work because there area is almost all members so we just visited a lot of people. But like he said he's a bit awkward so i was talking more to these people in his wards then he was it was, kinda funny. But we talked to his bishop and they have a son in Minnesota serving. He's in White Bear Lake now but if you ever come across an Elder Waite from Logandale I met his family. Then we went to Stake baptisms, 8 yr old baptisms from the stake all take place on one day at a building. That was neat to see a different way of doing things but also it was cool to see how many people I am getting to know. Sunday was pretty eventful. We had stake PEC with stake presidency so that was cool then just went ot meetings In singles ward I met someone that knows dad!! He said he was friends with Rick went to school with him and even stayed with your family for a summer. His name was Jon Flynn. I thought that was exciting!! We then went up to Moapa and we taught Logandale 2nd wards High priests the restoration and it went soooo well. I love how much Im learning and growing! But after church is where it got a little nuts. Well first we broke fast at 3:30 with some nice Elk Steaks hahah it was good! Then we went to a Indian Funeral because the Indian Reservation is in our area and a lot of them are members I guess so we went. IT WAS SOOO CRAZY!! They had all the singing and feathers and drums but it was sooo cool. Definitely a different spirit to it but it was nice. We then just visited families and contacted so It was a good day!! I love this work. I was reading LDS Living at a members home and It came to a page of different celebrities and they talked about the gospel. It was neat to read that and they all realized that this was given to them by God and so i realted that back to my mission scripture Alma 29:9 we are all different we have been given different talents and what not but we are all still instruments in the Lord's hands whether its me a missionary, Austin Collie playing for the Colts, Gladys Knight, or Glenn Beck. So thats my little words of the Gospel I guess I just love this Gospel!! I love you all too. ONE LOVE
 
 
Con Amor,
 
Elder Dubois DD 
 
P.S. Either address works for packages or whatever the overton one is just smaller and the mission home (Maryland Pkway) will eventually get there too so I guess you can use either one the Overton one is fine for now.

Comments

Popular Posts