why i believe

25 October 2012


Oct. 22
So Family another week at the grind. This week we really just spent getting out and doing our best to work and try hard and like it says in Preach My Gospel just trying to get and show our commitment to work. So that has been good and a lot of learning experiences trying to work with a great friend has been so fun but also oddly enough has been really tough and has given me a slight glimpse into the future. But this week we have really had the opportunity to serve lately doing yard work and moving others. It was kind of confirmed  to me that that is really one of the best ways that we have to show our love and appreciation for others but also to build a good relationships with others. It definitely depends on how we serve though if we're willing and have a positive attitude about it as well. Another thing that has been emphasized to me is the importance and joy that comes as we just start with our positive attitude. It really does make the days go a little smoother and faster so that has been really an emphasis of mine. But still as of right now we do not have any investigators so it has been tough but I know that it has been a definite blessing in teaching me more Christ-Like attributes. But it has been great to see the success in the zone in a couple of the companionships in baptizing these past couple weeks. It has been super exciting. I really wish I had more to tell you we had a Why I Believe Fireside last night an they are always such blessings to hear the simple testimonies of some humble converts but also to see all the different missionaries and the blessings that they are. It is so cool to see the relationships that I have built with all of them and the effect. We had it down in the Central zone and so some members from Montebello were there and it was soooo neat to see them and that they remembered me and it was awesome to see the relationships and trust I built. Also the other missionaries in Montebello were telling me they talked to Maria and Lillian and they told me how happy they are and how much of an effect I actually had on them! It was So neat to hear that. Well Family we are really just working hard so don't worry but it is crazy on how fast time flies as Elder Vega leaves in a month and I will soon reach 17 months!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! Well I love yall sorry there isn't too much to report on! We got some awesome help from members giving us furniture, appliances and food! SOOO great!! Love you all!!

Elder Dubois

food from the members

Comments

Popular Posts