another chilean

8 October 2012


Well family this week was another transfer... Crazy Crazy!! So Elder Moreno is going to the Office to be an Assistant and I am staying in the zone but am helping out with a split in the zone. So now the North Las Vegas Zone will be 2 different zones so I am to help out to work out the kinks with the old Assistant leading the other Zone. My new companion is Elder Fischer from Utah but born and raised in Chile! Another Chilean!! hahah So really that has been what was super exciting and today has just been super crazy running around talking to everyone and getting ready for the new transfer. This last week was good just a very pensive week as the week before transfers always are. It always causes me to think and speculate but I do have to still work so we did. This week we really just worked on working and visiting and bettering others including the other missionaries. It was tough week but we did our best to keep it moving forward. But obviously the highlight was definitely Conference and this was soooo awesome! I tried this time to go in with questions for the first time and it was really amazing as throughout I was able to recognize answers to those questions and other questions I didn't know I had! The awesome lesson I learned though really the overlaying theme I saw was that in the service we render. This really helped me to reflect and to see where I want to be for after my mission and to really see what I should be doing now. The service that I am rendering is sooo important but only if the heart is there and open to allowing that change to work within you. There is so many different ways to render service but especially through sharing the message. This caused me to reflect the importance of carrying that spirit within our homes and building that withing the walls of our own homes and now realize how important that was in how you raised us as kids and thanks so much for that. There were so many examples including all of you. Thank you for that and I know that is what I want my home to have. Mission centered mission. Which leads to how crazy that announcement is!! SOOOO exciting but nerve wrecking a little bit. I know it will bring up the numbers and so many hearts will be touched of it but will definitely put an emphasis on those experienced missionaries. Well family I would have to look through my notes again but I think one talk that really stuck out to me was Elder Hales for different reasons but  one was to definitely see his strength come through. I love you all and keep on keeping on and hold those words we heard in your hearts. I love you all!! Fa'Soifua! (Samoan)


Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts