be a friend and have a little fun


1 October 2012

So this week was good We had a lot of different stuff going on. Tuesday we had District meeting then we had a New Missionary Training on Wednesday then on Friday we had Weekly planning and Saturday we had interviews and baptisms. So this week was just sooo crazy but really really awesome! So something awesome that we did in District Meeting was that we actually did a Elder-aid so usually we talk about our investigators but this time we went around and shared different things that we liked and admired from the different elders and it was a really cool experience to not only really look for the best in each of my companions and friends in the work but also allowed me to see the effect that I have had and not even known it. It was cool how strong the spirit grew as we shared with them those feelings. It made me realize that as we really do strive to look for the best out of everyone then the spirit really does work through us. On Monday though I forgot we got to do an FHE with a family with kids our age and it was soooo fun. They asked Elder Moreno to do the lesson but as companions we shared it really out of the blue but shared the message in the Gospel of Jesus Christ through an object and it was really cool cause then after they invited us to play games with them and we just had a really good time. It is amazing to me to just see that as we allow ourselves to be open to new people how much we can really love people even though this was my first time meeting the Gurrola family I really do love them. Then on Wednesday we went down for New missionary meeting and that was neat to as it was like a check up on how our training is going and it was cool to see so many missionaries including Elder Vega and others but the love that I have for all of them including President and Sister Neider They always just set the example and help us to realize how we can/should love our companions. Then on Thursday I actually got to go on exchanges with a newer missionary its his 2nd transfer and the member they live with asked us if we could exchange with them to help him lighten up and have some fun because his trainer is a super hard worker and is great but doesn't get along well with the member so I got to go over and we still worked hard but we got to have a lot of fun to and that was good for him to see. Then on Friday was actually a really cool day we just got to work after we planned then Elder Moreno left for some of the spanish missionaries and they had a party that night so we had to go pick him up there and up there we actually saw some members from Montebello and they actually remembered me and were excited to see me and it was sooooo awesome to see them. I helped on guy actually a nonmember but his wife is I put there dryer up in there closet and they still remember that and how funny it was and this other family we ate with a bunch and I built a good relationship with them and it was great as then they told me I could call them whenever and they'd bring some mexican food up to me. It was sooo awesome then on Saturday we had interviews with President and Sister Neider and that is always a super awesome experience as Pres interviewed we had training from Sister Neider on Expecting Miracles and it was soooo good. During my interview with President it was just an uplifting experience as he expressed his confidence in me and his appreciation and he also told me that I am his friend and that meant a lot to me as it is something I have been studying as Christ calls us his friends and his apostles and what that means and Marvin J Ashton explained it well in his talk "What is a Friend?" Then it was cool then cause I was told of a baptism in Montebello and so I got to go down and attend and spend time with some awesome missionaries and also to experience someone I got to know get baptized. Then on Sunday it was just an awesome Sunday again just learning and feeling the spirit and we actually got to go to a Spanish Fireside of La razon en lo que yo creo or Why I Believe just Recent converts bearing testimony. It was soooo awesome and after we got to give a blessing to a lady who had her records relinquished 3 years ago. It was a powerful testimony as I really felt the Lord working through me! Then went and stopped by a member and she is amazing just giving us whatever we need! It was soooo good and it was awesome to know of God's Love! I love you all and thanks for all you do and say and the uplift every pday is! Next week is transfers so we'll see what happens! Love you!!

Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts