personal purpose



13 November 2012

Well... This week was good! We just got out and worked all week and we had our Zone Training Meeting. That was really neat because we got to help a bunch of the new missionaries and I got to prepare a training on Personal Purpose. This was really cool cause as I set it up our "role play" instead of practicing something we went around the room for the different districts and we named one thing that we have learned from each member of the district. This was really cool and nice to take time and reflect on something that I have learned from each member of the zone. As we went around the room it was really cool to feel the spirit grow stronger and stronger. It's amazing that as we share those intimate compliments and feelings. We also had training on dropping investigators and diligence and talking to everyone. These were all great trainings and it is always fun for me to get in front of everyone and to lead and share some things. That may sound prideful but I promise its not I just love seeing these missionaries get better. As far as the rest of the week it was kinda crazy just running around helping other missionaries and we were going to go on exchanges with The Assistants but ended up not being able to so the whole week was crazy but good as we just got out and worked. Then on Saturday was an awesome day! Saturday we went to Breakfast with this old member in North Zone who is so kind and just loves missionaries! That is always awesome plus I have built a good relationship0 with him like he already invited me and elder moreno and another elder to come have thanksgiving with him at lake tahoe next year! Then we got to go to a spanish baptism in Elder Fischers last area then that night we got to go to a baptism for Sister Foster!! I don't know if yall remember her but she's this older black lady I was teaching with Moreno and Sandoval in Laurel Canyon. She had her records removed ten years ago about and is going through some breast cancer now but she decided to be baptized! It was soooooo awesome! It was like all missionaries there as I got to see Elder Sandoval and Moreno and they're both doing awesome! But then Bishop Smith was talking to us in the welcome and used the scriptures where it was talking about Ammon and his brethren and he put my name in for Ammon! hahah it was really cool and made me feel good to not only did I make a difference in the ward but that I am doing alright as a missionary too! But that was a huge pick-me-up then I got to go on exchanges with Elder Moreno for that night and it was awesome! Just good to hangout with him again and we also got to contact some referrals and we got a referral and she said no but go try my neighbors so we did and they want us to come back and bless their home! I guess in that house there are likke 4 sisters and their kids, like around 20, then the parents as well! So it is super crazy and if you could pray for them and us for that that would be awesome That would be a huge boost for this area! Then on Sunday was super crazy we went to that spanish baptisms confirmation cause Elder Fischer confirmed then we had to run back up and had an amazing lesson with a married couple who have been so prepared! They were asking us awesome questions and showing true concern. They aren't in our area but that is okay! But then we went to church and had to leave early cause we were asked to usher at a music thing in Vegas called Saints and Pioneers. That was so awesome it was a Rob Gardner production and sung and played by youth from here in the valley! So spirit felt as it shared the story of the saints coming across and I realize I didn't appreciate them as much as I should! But that was awesome then of course yesterday was soooo amazing! We had all day with Elder Stanley G Ellis! It was soooo awesome they talked a lot about obedience and having the spirit to guide and it was soooo amazing! Although the whole time it felt like my gut was being poked and pullled but the spirit definitely comforted me till afterwards. But we also had a leadership meeting with him and that was amazing! We talked how to lead and did it through the scriptures!! John Chpt. 10!! SOOOOO GOOD! Anyways the week was amazing then tonight we have a fireside with him and his wife! Till next week! LOVE YOU ALL!!

Elder DD Dubois!! 

Comments

Popular Posts