just talk to everyone -- and get on your knees

24 September


Well Family this week was another good week. We definitely can't
complain out here in Las Vegas. Last P-day we cooked some delicious
food of beef and chicken and potatoes and onions and it was soooo
delicious. Then on Tuesday we just got out and worked after we had a
great district meeting on following the spirit as we teach. It was
cool cause obviously I do that already hahah just kidding but it
helped me to realize the importance of really teaching like that cause
a lot of time I don't actually no some things but the spirit really is
such a guide to me and I know that we have so much power in our words
cause the Holy Ghost really is the ultimate teacher. We are really
focusing on talking to everyone on the street so that is really cool.
Cause that is so awesome cause we see how sincere a lot of these
people really are and how the scriptures say they only know it not for
they know not where to find it. Cause then the next day I went on
exchanges with another elder and it was cool cause they don't ever
talk to people but as we did we found some super awesome people and it
was cool to see how it really did motivate him to be better and to
talk to everyone so that was really neat. Then on Thursday was just
another day getting to the work and trying. It was cool to see how far
our greenie has come. He planned on his own and worked hard and it is
soooo great! It was funny cause on Thursday another Elder gave us his
sisters address to send her a birthday card. So we did and it was
really funny and awkward so we'll see how it all goes. Then on Friday
was a really specialy experience cause we got to go to the temple. I
definitely went with questions this time. I was very overwhelmed this
week cause for some reason or another I had doubts of having a
successful mission cause I haven't had the most baptisms although I
know I have still been successful so I took it to the temple and the
spirit that was felt was soooo great. I even learned something very
interesting while in there. Go Read D&C 88:131 and I learned why we
kneel while we pray and why it is sooooo important to ahve our
investigators kneel. So friday was super special. Then on Saturday we
had a sweet stake activity we had open houses. So on saturday night we
had a barbeque and did church tours. So that was super awesome to have
nonmembers come through our worship homes and I got to take a bunch.
The spirit was definitely super strong. So it was super awesome week.
I definitely learned and was confirmed of the purposes that God really
does have for us. There is a reason that Elder Dubois is serving in
the Laurel Canyon and North Star Singles ward at this time. I know
that God has a personal purpose for me and although I might not have
the most baptisms I know that I have a reason and that I am a
successful missionary. I know that the message of restoration is truly
what we are all about. I love this gospel and to see the peace and joy
it brings to people. I know that the Lord is truly preparing people
for us. We found a family this week just becuase She was outside and
we decided to approach her even though it was dark. I love this work.
and although it isn't the easiest I know these are the best 2 years
FOR my life. I love you all!! And no worries I have pills sufficient
and I am staying healthier. And all is well. ONE LOVE!!

Comments

Popular Posts