we all can have an effect on others


Well Family,

Sorry if it feels like I don't answer questions I do my best to answer questions but it is hard as P-Day has become my most stressful day with tons of missionaries trying to email on just 4 computers, having to drive other missionaries to go shopping and on top of that try and do all the things that I need to as well. So I am sorry but the area is going great! Elder Fischer is awesome he was born in Santiago Chile but comes from Pleasant Grove Utah. He is just a tough critic on himself but we have been doing great with good companionship inventories and trying our best to find. We have 2 investigators one we found as she needed help moving a dresser from New Orleans just an awesome spiritual Black Lady. We taught her the Restoration and she kept telling us that we have Nortons? hahahha apparently some light or power or something like that but you should look that up for me! hahah But she works a lot so its hard to catch her but she is great. Then the other one is Alyssa she is 10 years old but has been coming to church with a member family and her friends for a while now but the missionaries have just got in contact with her and her grandpa just told her that she can get baptized if she likes so we're teaching her now and so hopefully soon she will be getting baptized. That is it but all the members we have been just trying to get to know them and especially a couple less active families who we have built a good relationship with one is a family where the dad is black and the wife is polynesian and they're a young couple with a couple young kids. We are just building a good relationship with him and helping him progress as he hasn't been a member too long. Then another family where there are 4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls 19, 17, 16, 9 and the 2 girls and dad just got baptized within the past year and a half I believe and they build a good relationships with missionaries so its hard to switch but they have warmed up a lot to us and told us the 2 sons have lost the faith and just crazy so we are going there and helping them out. So we do have a lot of work to keep us busy. This week I have really been studying D&C121: 34-46 and it has left me pondering the way that we lead and live. I've heard of this book that talks a lot about this Leadership for Saints and I will read it after but plus a talk yesterday talked about The miracle of Jesus Christ not the miracles he performed but the miracle he is and that left me a lot to think about especially tying that to what I've studied and also the youth theme of arise and shine forth. This has been an awesome week especially with the down times we had of just thoughts and lack of success but then to it helped me to realize the effect that we are having on so many people. I love this work and know that I am having success and that The people that I talk to and build a relationship with has a lasting effect. I also got a call this week from Chole! Remember her, she's from Moapa but she called to catch up and still isn't baptized cause of different things and she asked me a few questions and I explained very simply and she told me if i was still there she'd be baptized! hahah too funny but re-emphasized the fact that although I was just a greenie I had a big effect on some of these people! Life is too great family! I love you so much! Thanks for all you do and forgive me for not answering questions not that I don't care but I am trying its just tough.


Love,

Elder DD Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts