miracle at the door step

2 july 2012

So this week was really good just working really hard. On Monday we had a fun P-day we went to the driving range and just hit a few balls. It was super duper fun! Then we went out and worked. We had a cool lesson all about with Faith with Jose who is someone we are teaching but he and his friend do not keep the commitments so we just went over again and taught about faith and how it will not grow unless we act. Then we got home and Elder Ledezma started cleaning up some boxes and as he flipped the big one over and shook it out comes a letter and money. I found it! Thanks you so much!! Just a blessing. Then on Tuesday we had exchanges and I went with Elder Gutierrez and it was awesome as we went out and just biked around and contacted a referral that he makes tamales and he's gonna teach me as we go back and teach him. Then we went to lunch and got some donuts! Then afterwards we went to maria and lillians just to watch the prophet of the restoration and it was sooooo awesome to reflect on that and always good to learn more of Joseph Smith! He truly was a prophet and there is no doubt in my mind. We still feel his affects today. Then wednesday we exchanged back and we went and saw juana and she is progressing so well and she told us that she plans on getting married soon!! So exciting. We're just working on getting the husband involved as well! Then we went and ate carne seca (dried meat) that turned out to be horse meat and it was delicious!!! I have been talking about BYU and stuff a lot with Elder Marquez! so fun! Then on Thursday we had district meeting and this training was awesome!! I put a lot of preparation into it and it turned out great. I trained all about love what it is why we love and how we develop it. Then we talked about Heaven-sent questions and as we practiced and role-played to demonstrate I felt something soooo special come to me giving a question and it was amazing. Then I got to do baptismal interviews for a mom and a daughter so they were able to join the husband/dad and it was sooooo awesome and they trust me sooo much. It was awesome. Then on friday we were planning and then went to Juana again and she is just soooo pumped. Then as we were biking I got a call from Victoria our Golden investigator and she said, "no quiero estudiar mas" and she kept talking and I didn't get it but I was just sooo distraught and it was hard for the rest of the night. Then on saturday we got out and came back for lunch and found out one of the elders was having a hard time being motviated and stuff so we went on an exchange so he came with me and we talked and then got out and worked. Then we went to victoria and as we were going to the door I didn't know what to say and as we got up I just said I didn't understand you and she kept trying to say I don't want to study but she couldn't so she invited us in and told us how she was wrong as she picked up the book of mormon that was on her table and opened it and read she read that discouragement and negative feelings are from the devil. So we were able to talk and she said she knew we were sent by God and how great it was that I couldn't understand her! So it was soooo cool then she said she's coming to church the next day. Then church was awesome! Then we went in to priesthood and our bishopric member rebuked everyone!! YOU DONT PAY TITHING! and booom just called everyone out! So crazy! Then that night we went to church with Victoria and it was sooooo amazing!! Just this week was just full of miracles! I love it all! I love all of you!!
Love Elder Dubois 

Comments

Popular Posts