sandoval, moreno, dubois

3 september 2012

Well family this week was really good with new companions so we found out that Elder Moreno was going to train so we would be in a 3pack in our 2 wards. Then on Wednesday when we went to pick him up the APs pulled us aside and told me that I would be training. So I get to train again so we're super excited and his name is is Elder Sandoval from Salt Lake but originally from Mexico City. And so Us three are soooo awesome doing really well together! This week was good though. We were really just trying to go around and meet new members and find new investigators. Elder Moreno is a super hard worker who likes to have fun and is really similar to me actually. And Elder Sandoval is super humble kid. He is just soo willing to learn and grow and although he is quiet he is willing to try and it is soo great and just this little bit has already taught me a lot about it. So this week has been great full of work and awesome studies. I have reflected a lot on the things that I really have been taught especially this last bit and the things to grow on. A lot of humility and a lot of how I want my house and my family to be. Just realized how important it is and how I can start now. Life is sooo great. We had a sweet lesson with this family that we are teaching. We were teaching the Gospel and there was this black friend sitting in the corner and decided to come over and interrupt everything cause he heard something he didn't like. We would've been all for answering his questions but he came very contentiously and wasn't going to listen so despite the desire to bash and get this guy I and Elder Moreno refrained and just testified and invited him to pray about it. And our investigator was all for it and kept on with the lesson and Elder Sandoval actually set him for baptism so it was super awesome! Just turned out so well then the whole family came to church on Sunday. So this week has been so great, oh and we just went to contact a bunch of former investigators and they were all so happy to see us and invite us back! So it was soo cool and amazing to see the blessings that come if we just work as hard as we can and are obedient! Then we can definitely get a ton of success here so we are so excited!! So this week has been so great just adjusting and learning. As far as something specific I learned in my studies actually this morning was a letter from Craig Parry and he sent a letter saying a story of a patriarch who was going to give a blessing but nothing came so he prayed and heard a voice say, As you love him then it will be given to you. So that was just a great reflection to me to see how we really do need to love to be guided for these great people. I love it and I'll try and send pictures!! I love you all!!


Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts