learning experience with elders

Well Family to say the least this week was an interesting one. Good but interesting. All started last p-day after I emailed yall we kinda got left at the church and had to wait till about 4 to do our shopping which was way bad so we didnt get to do much after and for some reason I was just down. I don't really know why but I was just down so we walked out that night and tried to work. As it got closer to about 8 we got a phone call and see other elders zooming in their car towards our apartment so we hopped in and got back. Another missionary in the zone kinda went crazy and I guess choke slammed another elder and so my apartment went to go help him, 1 of them, so we needed to stay with his companion. So we got there and his comp went a little crazy just has some mental things I guess so he just walked off so Elder Bauer and I went off with him and he kept telling us to leave him by himself in a park in the ghetto but we said no of course so we just walked with him and I was rocking Pros clothes and my flip flops but we ended up following him until close to midnight and we were on the phone with pres and just crazy! But Just nuts kinda affected the mood for the rest of the week. But so is life it all goes on. So Tuesday did my first exchange and we had a good time a really powerful lesson with Rafael and his Mom. WE talked about Christ and His Atonement and how we can only receive it through baptism and we challenged them to pray about the 28th. He really wants to be baptized but she's a little skeptical. But it was awesome I just keep realizing how good my spanish has gotten as I get to lead and even this one I did most of the talking with a mexican companion. Then Wed was just a normal day with the weird feelings still we just got out and worked. We're meeting with this family the Herreras and they are awesome. Their son is a member and they have a daughter and her kids living with them. We are building a good relationship with them and it seems to be awesome. Thursday was an awesome day. We first had some studies then we went to the temple! I took some pictures so you can see but it was great I just always love going to the temple just so peaceful. Then we ate in the cafeteria which is the bomb! Then we had district meeting and I gave my first official training and not to toot my own horn but it was pretty bomb. We had fun and we felt an awesome spirit so it was really really good. Then Friday was weeekly planning and a zone lunch it was really good. Then we had a really good time with the Herreras as we got to teach the restoration and have some conchas and abuelita (sweet bread and hot chocolate) delicious! But they are really coming to love us and it is really really cool! Then Saturday was a normal day with an abnormal lunch. This old black lady loves to feed the missionaries so she invited the english ones over. But they told us last time she made way to much food so just come and help us. So we did and she had a ton of food. 7 pizzas about 75 wings a whole bowl of crab salad and drinks and chips. IT WAS NUTS! And of course we biked there and it was hot so we ate outside and it was a good time. Elder Bauer and Elder Stant (my roommate THE MAN) they had a bit of a competition to see who could eat more pizza and needless to say they ate a ton. about 1.5 pizzas each ahahahah. It was a way good time though. Then we got out and had a couple awesome lessons! Then Sunday was amazing. I love Easter and have come to really appreciate it. The Atonement is amazing and something that I have really tried to focus on and make people realize the importance of it. So when we got to church Sacrament was about to start as we're greeting people and one of the brothers asked if one of the missionaries could give the Gospel Principles lesson cause our WML was gone so everyone looked at me and I accepted. It was on the Atonement so I was pumped! Then in Sacrament meeting there were confirmations of Olga and her daughter Lucy. A mom and daughter I taught as I was three packing with Hillam but Olga really came to love me so I got to confirm her and it was amazing!! After sacrament I got to ask her how she felt and she felt it. The feeling of warmth throughout the whole body! It was awesome!! Sunday was just awesome cause then my lesson went awesome even with a lady calling me out on my spanish as I said Christ helps us through everything I mean Im still learning spanish and she from the back of the room said I could tell. But just shrugged it off and kept going and I really felt the spirit strongly. It has been great and I love Elder Bauer he's the man we really get along and work really well his spanish is still super green and gringo hahah but it is definitely coming and I just realized how great of a blessing I have to be a Senior Trainer District Leader cause yeah its a lot but so are the blessings. My spanish has blossomed in this new area and I just feel confident. Life is good though I love you all and Im doing good. Staying healthy and eating a ton still. I love you all Stay Classsy!!
Love,

Elder Dubois

PS...So I talked to Elder Vega this morning and Nikolas and Felicitas Sotelo are getting baptized this saturday!!! FINALLY!!! SOOOOOOOO STOKED!!!   

Comments

Popular Posts