30 January 2012

Well Family another Transfer down and..... I'm staying in Elko for another 6 weeks with Elder Vega. I'm excited we got a lot of stuff going on and I know its cause we're together so I'm very excited. Like I said last week we went sledding on P-day and that was cool. Then Tuesday I actually got to do the training and I did it on Planning and setting goals and being accountable. It was way interesting to prepare for it and I learned a lot. I learned we need to set goals to stretch ourselves in all ways then we need to make plans to achieve that then act on those plans specifically then the Lord will help us out. We need to include Him though in our plans. Then we had lunch and this crazy homeless looking guy yells at us as he was leaving "Joesph Smith is the Shiz" then walked by the window yelling and stomping trying to draw attention it was super interesting. The night went on and we taught the Sotello Family and they're coming they're just being hispanic and don't want to set a date although they know they need to be baptized. They are the bomb though. They fed us pastries and Hot chocolate hahah. We also taught Juan and it is so interesting teaching little kids cause they grasp it really well. Then I talked to Elder WHite and just about everything. The lesson is how great the blessings can be if we just show a sincere interest in others. People we teach and friends. Wednesday was cool. The morning we just had breakfast with the Sargeants, the family we live with, and then we came back and Sister Neider called and said she had been talking to Mom about my health and was concerned if I needed to go down to Vegas closer to doctors. So I called stafford and her back and forth and finally figured out that they prescribed me steroids so I'm taking that and hopefully will help I'll call them in a couple days here. But I was so nervous but then a peace came over me realizing stay or go its up to the Lord so no worries. But then we tried to follow my training and it worked. We followed our plans and as we were walking a guy came up and talked to us if we could help him sometime it was sooo cool.WE had a good day just visiting and teaching especially about adversity and overcoming it with The Lord. We shared the story of Job and it gets me everytime. Thursday we had a good day. WE taught Juan again the Plan of Salvation and HE GOT IT! soooo cool then we went to Drews and talked about the Infinite and Eternal Sacrifice. It was super cool and elearned a lot about it. Could ya'll send me my paper I wrote on it? It is from my Book Of Mormon Class first semester. 202 I think. Then we taught the Sotelos Follow the Prophet and the lesson I realized is how much the Lord Loves us. He gives us Everything!! Then Friday it was normal just chillinf doing our thing it was a bit slower but we still filled our day with something but nothing too exciting really The lesson I learned is although our problems are big and significant to us others have bigger problems but it is incredible the lord will always help us with whatever we just have to ask. Saturday was super slow. We had a zone breakfast whch was good then we had a slow morning. Then we got out and visited just a couple people then had dinner and spending time with a part member family. It was cool to see how comfortable they've become with us. The husband dropped the missionaries because he didn't feel comfortable with the sisters but he's really starting to open up and hopefully that will lead to good steps. The lesson is just be personable by being yourself then people will be comfortable with you. Sunday morning was good. We had meetings and correlation. As we walked out and around i realized I had a big hole in my pants but we didnt have time to go home and change till after church. So i just had to be super careful hahhaah so my brown suit doesnt really have pants right now haha. but we had branch and ward conference in Elko and it was super cool. We talkked about reaching for higher ground and it was a really good talk. our stake president is the uncle of Sam Crockett from Park Center, he's in my grade and in the army. super crazy. Then we went and had sunday school and I got to participate in the spanish branch one and it was way good. The lesson today is that we need to find balance in our lives. We need to have fun and enjoy life but we also need to buckle down. It's an ongoing battle and is different for everyone. Life is great here though I'm doing alright. The health and blood is getting a little better but I mean all is well. Im trying hard to be obedient and work but it is tough sometimes. Thats all we can do is just try our best I guess. I love you all.

Love,

Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts