valentine's day as a missionary

So This week has been really good. Just another week at the grind. I love getting to hear from all my buddies around the globe through emails. So that was my hihghlight of last p-day and I called a member from Logandale and she was like my family misses you we love you and it was really cool to see the trust I built with them. Tuesday was really good. We had district meeting and it was cool it was Elder Vegas first training as a district leader so it was good to just support him. He wasn't feeling the best about the whole distrtict leader thing and so we spent some time and got him to feel a little bit better. Then we had a lesson with Juan and he's gonna get baptized this week!! It's soooooo exciting cause he is just sooooo pumped. Then we had a lesson with Nikolas and Felicita. This week I've been really putting an effort on spanish. I'm reading the book of mormon in spanish every morning and this lesson I saw it all pay off as I actually took over the lesson and taught a lot. And made sense too! ahahah It was super funny though cause then as we were teaching Nikolas runs to the back and obviously is taking a dump and left the door open then started grunting then he came out grabbed TP then went back and grunted some more. It was sooooo funny then he came out just in discomfort and said, "o mi colito" and could barely sit down but went on the explain the concept of what goes in hot will come out hot and he had a lot of chiles that day ahahhah/ It was super funny. Wednesday was just another normal day not a lot of appointments and slightly frustrating but we got out and did what we could. We did learn a bit about animals and their souls for the next life at our dinner. It was interesting. Thursady was another good day. We went to a less active family's trailer and just talked with him and he just kept feeding us and this is all in spanish but it was awesome! we ate a ton and he really enjoyed us but the whole time his little 2 year old daughter is crawling all over me and I had no Idea what to do hahahah but then we went out and got to teach Juan and some others again. He is just sooooo stoked for his baptism and he asked me to confirm him so I'm excited. Then that night we went and taught the Sotelos again and taught them about fast offerings and tithing. It was super awesome! they really love us and we love them and it is always a good time when we go over there. They actually are comfortable with me too!! Friday was interesting. We went out to lunch with the other elders and there was ESPN on and it was killing me! I tried not to watch it but did watch a bit but it was really neat as then someone in there paid for our meal so it was really nice of them. Then we weekly planned the rest of the week. Then had a lesson with a recent convert and her less active roommate and a friend. It was super interesting cause as we were trying to teach the less active and friend were getting ready for work as cocktail waitresses then the 3 year old daughter just peed her pants and it was just nuts. Then we had dinner with the Stetler family and they are soooo tight. They're moving to Utah and already invited us over for sunday dinners when we get home! Then saturday was another day at it. It is tough to fill the day when we dont have appointments but its cool as somehow we always find a way. Then Sunday was cool we went to church as normal. We founf out that Nikolas actually went and paid tithing which was super cool!!! Just awesome to see them listen! I love this work though. I've definitely gotten healthier too! Less bleeding and more energy and its helping cause now I can study better and my spanish is def coming soooooo its super exciting. I love you all Happy Valentines Day!!

Love,

Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts