7 November 2011

So Transfers are indeed tomorrow and we still don't know who is staying and who is going so we'll find out later and next week I guess I'll let you know. So this week was great different but great. So monday I rolled my ankle as Me and Elder Gonzalez were just playing basketball in the Frehners driveway it wasnt too bad just sore but I mean I got to play ball so we did later that day the whole zone and my district wrecked hahahah but the highlight was that night when we got to watch 17 Miracles!! That movie was incredible!! I don't know a whole lot about the Pioneers I guess but it was amazing to see all of them and the miracles they experienced as they put all their love and trust into the Lord. The lesson from Monday is no matter how tough things are, like having a sprained ankle or whatever NEVER EVER turn on the Lord because He can and will provide a way if and when we turn to Him as the pioneers. Y'all need to watch that! Tuesday we did a some contacting. We taught this old man in Spanish, Querino Rubio, The father of the Rubio Family that dropped us but we taught a great lesson about the Plan of Salvation. We then tracted a bit and found a girl about my age I would say that is interested so we're working on finding a time to teach her. We went and visited this old couple in our ward who are just awesome people to just see how they were doing and as we were driving back we felt prompted to stop by this old guy from the spanish branch and as we did we found out Bro Huerta was in the Hospital had a sugar overdose becuase he has diabetes and led to seizures so we got to figure that out but also met his nonmember nephew who wants us to teach his family and him. We then split and i went with one of our members Allen Fabbi and we went to the Garcias and had Church's Chicken, a place in Vegas, and it was bomb! But then I was able to teach on Faith and overcoming trials. We then met back up and taught Ruff family, 9 and 8 year old boy who want to get baptized. We taught the Plan and it went great they were very well behaved for once and it was so neat to be able to teach that so simply. We then split again and I went and taught Debee an investigator getttin baptized this week but was taught by the other missionaries, long story, but it was awesome she relapsed and had a beer and is going through a ton with custody trials and divorce junk and just not good. But we got to teach a strong great lesson on trials and the atonement. I really just relied on the spirit to tell me what to say and that is the lesson Through Christ all is possible and He directs our mouths when we trust in him through the Holy Ghost. Wednesday we had splits and I was with our Ward Mission leader and we just did a lesson with a Less Active and it was great but we also talked to Jay and Sharon a young couple we're trying to teach and Jay is really welcoming but Sharon not as much. The lesson of the day is how we can really have a great impression on people by just how we hold ourselves. Thursday was just another day doing housekeeping items getting our haircut and organizing our New Mazda 3, we traded because it has less miles than the truck. The lesson is how important being organized really is. Friday was weekly planning day but the morning we had service for a member just gardening which was fun then we had lunch with the other Elders and played a little soccer just kicking it around but none the less somehow I managed to sit down and rip my pants a whole almost big enough to fit my head through. So planning had to go on then I would sew later so I planned by myself with a ltitle help from Elder Gonzalez when I needed but by myself because he was expecting to go. But I did it all and had a really awful Ghetto sew job that lasted about till I sat down in the car. We then went and had dinner and gave an awesome blessing then we visited querino and he told us basically that he knows its true but because his family is split catholic mormon he can't pick a side till its majority one or the other basically. We talked to one of our great spanish members from Argentina and she was telling us how no one really helps her it was so sad to see but to see how great of a member she is was awesome. We then had a lesson with Debee again and it was great really guided. . The lesson is Trust in the Lord he will help us but we gotta be doing the right things and if we're not he'll let us know even if its ripped pants hahah. Saturday we had our wards Day of Service and it was great we just dug trenches and planted trees it was tiring but great. We then came back and finished our last day of 12 week program. It was good. WE then visited Debee and she gave us her Baptismal program and she aske me to talk! I'm very excited. We then just did some contacting and had dinner with a couple member families and they are awesome! Logandale has just an amazing ward. Then just saw a couple people at night same ole same ole. The lesson is that one of the best ways to build relationships is really through service, serving for, serving with, serving around. Fast and Testimony meeting was great Logandale first was awesome. Debee and her son Chazz, he was baptized on oct 24th, bore their testimonies! it was good! soooo happy!! Then we just had sunday school and it was great to see how the teacher was inspired by Debees testimony to change the lesson a bit it was awesome!! Then part way through Spanish branch Bishop Thompson form Logandale called us out and Chazz aske me to ordain him to the priesthood it was an awesome experience!! Very powerful. Elders quorum in Moapa was all about baptism and it was sooo cool. I felt so comforatbale about it all. We then had dinner with the Udalls in Moapa and they are amazing!! It was like we were home they jsut felt like family. We ten wentdown and met with the Rebman boys because Bro Rebman, our WML, was working on a dead body at his mortuary!! ahhhh we then met with our YSA and talked a bit then went down to overton elders to drop off eyedrops cause Elder Burton thinks he might begetting pink eye and he's heading home so he wants anything to help! But since its his last day we helped them and drove them as we visited one of their members and had sushi!! it was soooo bomb. The lesson of the day was how strong a testimony is. I love you all. Thanks for all your support oh and we just got word I'm staying and Elder Gonzalez is heading out we don't know where yet till tomorrow. We do transfer conference. Everyone thats going meets down by the mission home and we have a testimony meeting for those going home then they tell us who and where we are serving its cool. I love you all I'll try and write short ones to you all. ONE LOVE

Comments

Popular Posts