5 March 2012

This was another week at the grind for us. Kinda a crazy week as well so basically Im not going to make this one long but I am very appreciative of all you all do for me. So this week was good just going out and doing our visits. I got to have exchanges with another elder on tuesday after distrcit meeting and that was good the biggest thing that stuck out is he asked "What makes a good missionary?" ad I said a missionary that is full of love. If he is full of love he will want to work, he will want to obey, he will want to be the best missionary and he said that was the first time anyone has ever answered that to him correctly. Everyone thinks to be a super good missionary you have to be super strict and this and that but in reality it all comes down to your love. Do you love the people enough to want to go out and serve them? Do you love the Lord enough to Obey everything he has given us? So that is really what I have been and am striving to become. FULL OF LOVE! But Wednesday President and Sister Neider came up and the Assistants and we had interviews. It was awesome to just spend the day with them. I got to talk to Pres about things and I told him it was really bugging me that people had been going home and I want to help but he told me, "Elder Dubois I would put a chain around your neck before I let you go." it was just very comforting to know that he does really trust me and love me. He then told all of Elko Zone that on Saturday there will be some Church news but no matter what know everything will be okay. so we were kinda on edge until saturday. But thursday we finally contacted this guy named Bro Halles and sisters met with him once and we lost where he lived but we finally got him and he said I thought you forgot about me I have been trying to figure out how to get baptized!! so we're super stoked! Then we went to the Sotelos for dinner and had some bomb tamales! Sweet ones too! but it was awesome she told us she loves us and doesnt want any gringos! hahaha it was super funny! Then we had to go get Vega signed up for the ACT. Friday the highlight was at night... WE WENT TO BYU FOLK DANCE! hahahah we had members invite us and so we asked pres and he said he thought it would be a very good idea to go so we did and it was way cool! hahaha. Then Saturday was the day... There is now a new mission in Nevada and my first 2 areas are no longer part of the Nevada Las Vegas Mission. So This is effective July 1st so we don't know whats going to happen with us missionaries although in interviews Pres did tell me that he is going to get me down to Vegas. JUST CRAZY! Then Sunday was a good fast sunday I got up and bore my testimony about sharing our testimony and it felt really powerful! but it was just a good day! Then we got home and our bathroom flooded so there was plumbers and stuff at our house it was super weird! But they didnt get it fixed until at least 630! But we went to an appointment with the Becks a PMF and he's kinda a thug from idaho with not a whole lot of religious background. But we got to talk about God and why this would be good a really relate it to him. It was good but hard cause He and his wife started to argue a couple times while we were there so it was weird but all is well. We're gonna go back and I do love going over there. Well family that is my week in a nutshell but I continue to learn something each and every day! I think something that stuck out to me this week is something I read in a talk this morning He is Risen by Thomas S Monson in 1981. Basically he said something to the fact of its not who lived or how they died but how they lived and who they touched. Something of that sort so this life is too good to not enjoy and you never know who you'll touch along the way. I love you all

Love,

Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts