24 october 2011


FAMILIA!! Another week at the grind down. It was an awesome week! So Monday we went and visited the Civils, a less active part member family just the mom and the 15 year old daugther and the grandparents who live with them. We went and got to know them and learned of how great they are. Really big into rodeoing and that stuff but awesome family the young daughter whos about 9 or 10 wants to be baprtized so we're working with them! The lesson from Monday is I was talking to Elder Burton in my district and we talked about how the area doesn't matter a whole lot you'll love wherever you go and it made me think of the saying, "Home is where the heart is" and thats soooo true if we really do open our hearts and allow these different places even others homes we can allow it to be our home as I've found how much I love the Moapa Valley. Tuesday was just another typical tuesday with district meeting and study then dinner at the Garcias where we talked of repentance and how much of a blessing it is. The lesson I learned from it all and hearing how tough Elder Gonzalez has had it being out here is although we may all have struggles and difficulties we can become a better person from these blessings of trial it all depends on how we look at them and how we take control of them. Wednesday I was on exchanges with our Zone Leader and it was great. Working in Mesquite was awesome to see how they are doing and how quickly I can adapt to different people. We and Elder Herrera talked about something I didn't understand and that was how disobedient or trunky missionaries can have so much more success than others and how although we might be super obedient trials still happen and we have it hard and I learned this Lesson, "Although others may be receiving blessings now they might not be receiving them in abundance in the eternal perspective so all we can do is be the best us we can be and always keep the eternal perspective in mind that God is a just God and will bless us if we're doing the best we can. Thursday was AMAZING!! We were down in Vegas and got to listen to trainings from Elder Merril K. Jensen. We also watched a video put together by Sister Neider of all these pictures of Baptism from the mission and it was amazing. I was literally filled with the spirit and couldn't hold it in and so tears began to just stream down my face. Only one in the room but I mean thats cool. It just made me realize how great this work is and put into perspective the missionary I want to be. Elder Jensen first started training on the conversion process and how we all are going through it continually. Then talked about how we can write our own Mormon Doctrine as we walk and think of different topics and begin to basically contnually write talks in our heads of these different topics. He then talked to us of faith and the 4 levels of it and how we need to increase it continually . Starts with just a particle of faith then goes to much faith then exceeding faith then exceedingly great faith and how we get to that point we can be filled with knowledge. We then got put with other companionships in Vegas so we got put in Central for a couple hours. We went and had some dinner then the other elders were kinda lazy so they took a nap after dinner right before the fireside instead me and Gonzalez went and started walking to the temple and it was great as we talked to 3 or 4 different people just in the streets in a couple blocks. Its soooo much more intereactive. I'm excited for Vegas. The lessons I learned is that therse men are called of God TRULY! And also we all have so much room to continually grow we need to first live the higher law and be obedient in all then we allow ourselves to be converted. Friday the highlight was that we taught the Rubio Family!! they are an awesome MExican family first off we brought like 6 Books of Mormon for them cause they were all excited and wanted their own. We went and taught the Restoration and it was amazing although little Jesse, 3 yrs old, was just running and couldn't sit still. I can't wait to see them progress and eventually be baptized. The lesson is that we all have gifts and talents, don't be afraid to recognize themyour not being proud but be humble and develop them. I love working with people. Sat I was on exchanges with Elder Burton He is like my mentor out here. He is so similar to me. We got to get out and bike around talking to everyone! We taught a lesson to this little 8 year old and taught about faith and how it needs to be all in Christ as we watched Findin Faith in Christ. IT WA AMAZING!! So my lesson is that we CAN love everyone, we need to just open our eyes to more then the appearance to who they are allowing ourselves to be open and be filled with the same love as the Lord. Sundays are just great! I love the wards. All the different people who show their love to us and to all. The lesson is that when we serve with love other opportunities will pop up. I lvoe you all and hope all is well. All is well here only like 2 weeks till this transfer is done!!! AWWW I love you all though.
 
 
Love,
 
Elder Dubois

Comments

Popular Posts