new companion; elder hillam

So the week really started Tuesday when we had Transfers. Transfer conference was amazing!! It was more special because I got close to one of the missionaries going home so it was awesome. My new companions name is Elder Hillam. He was actually in our zone serving in Mesquite so I knew him before but he's a guy that loves fixing things and computer kinda guy from St.Louis. He was called as a spanish Elder but hasn't spoke it in quite some time. He's been out on his mission about 14 months and its different than Elder Gonzalez but I'm excited we should be able to do alright. Its given me the opportunity to be senior this week and lead our efforts a bit so it was good. So That is really the news this week is just working with a new companion. I guess biggest highlights are on Friday was Debee's baptism!! IT WAS AMAZING!! The ward really came out and supported it and it was great. I was able to speak on Baptism and The Atonement and it went really well then to fill up the time while she got changed I actually sang with another missionary, Elder White. We sang Abide With Me 'Tis Eventide and it was beautiful but the amazing part is I don't know how. It just felt soooo great and my nerves just went away and I know that the spirit carried me. The baptism was just incredible. We then went to another baptism for Overton on Saturday to help and set up but it was neat because it was actually a lady i taught while on exchanges and I was actually the one who set her fo baptism so that was so neat. Sundays are always great but this one was sooo neat. First we had Debee's confirmation where I was just a part of it but it was sooo neat she literally shined with happiness. Then spanish branch I realized how great my spanish has become as I don't have Elder Gonzalez to lean on anymore. Then Moapa we actually spoke. I gave a talk on Baptism and I thought it went really well. It was like I was just teaching to 200 people about baptism. We spoke for an Elder's farewell. It was sooo great and it was neat to see how close I was able to grow with him in a short period of time. He's the man going to DC. But then we went to just contact this guy who wanted us to come back and we found out through our leadership that his house actually caught on fire and was staying in a motel in Moapa. So we went and stopped by to see how they were doing and we actually got to teach the first lesson. It was a bit choppy as it was our first one together but the spirit was there and it went so well he wants to be baptized so now its just working with the rest of his family. He used to be addicted to Meth and was angry and abusive but now wants to change. His wife is a native american and doesn't have much belief then there is a 15 year old son and an 8 year old daughter and a 3 year old. So its soooo exciting!! But that is how life has been just figurin out the new companion and being patient with it all but also with love. I wrote a poem and I'm gonna send it home to you guys. By the way I got packages from Ta and The jacket so thanks so much!! I love you all. I hope all is well for everyone. One Love.

Comments

Popular Posts