1st birthday in the mission


I can't believe it I'm going to be out of the teens!! It's unreal! Thank you all for the Birthday wishes. Life here has just been great as usual. So last P-day was awesome we had a less active member actually call us and invite us to Lunch. It was really neat but lunch was delicious. It was at a restaurant to put on the list called The Star it's Basque dining but we had this steak sandwich with tons of garlic and tons of delicious! But it was just cool to get to know him and what not then we just hungout and it's crazy the relationships you build being out here with other missionaries. There is one Elder White in my last district he's Al's age but me and him got real close and I care about him so I got to talk to him for some reason I felt like I should call him and he was struggling so it was good to talk to him about some things. Then we had Dinner with PMF the Marquez and we watched John Tanner story and the Stone Cutter and it was cool to realize the blessings that come if we just sacrifice a bit. I also talked to Hillam and found out Cierra got baptized so that was sooooo cool I was a little bummed I missed it but ta bien. District Meeting was cool same ole same ole then we went on the coolest thing was as we were driving we saw a homeless guy with a sign Hungry as a Wolf and so Elder Vega told me to pull into BK and he bought him a meal made me really think how willing I am and what not. Then we had an awesome spanish lesson where I did a lot of the teaching it was cool just relying on the Lord again just provides the way. Wednesday was the Highlight of this week. We had Zone Conference so Pres and Sister Neider came with the Assistants and it was sooo great. Especially as I prepared myself for it, it just seemed all the trainings were for me it was soooo cool. I just love spending time with the Neiders. They are wonderful. I talked to sister Neider about some decisions that have been bothering me, for the future, and it was cool as she knew exactly what to say so I'm going to touch on it but basically she said think about it on thanksgiving but it is basically Provo or Hawaii cause there are a couple missionaries in my zone that went to Hawaii and they have been talking to me and I think I would love it but who knows. Then also when to go to school again fall summer I dont know so that is just to fill you in. The lesson that was emphasized to me and something I need is that we Need to have self-confidence. He has confidence in us so why can't we have confidence in ourselves. The cool thing is that night after playing phone tag and not needing to talk to him anymore Pres Neider called and basically told me he loves me and is proud of me that he thinks about me but doesn't have to worry. Super comforting. Thursady was just another day at it. Went out and did our visits and it was nice. The lesson that our member taught us that day was the importance of BOM reading. I guess I figured it out but its just important to read from it. I had been reading different scripture, Bible GA Talks but Book of Mormon is our real weapon. Friday was interesting we talked a lot about Girls, What is love, marriage and everything but it made me realize I never really talked to ya'll about any of that but I wish I would've now. But it was all good. Then we finished WP then had Dinner with a member ata  mexican restarureant Dos Amigos and it was good. BBAll was on... Bulls Celtics hahahha but he just talked to us about our work and a lot of sports he told me Rubio is doing way good and prob Rook of the Year so I got PUMPED! hahah Then we went over to teach the Sotello family. It was a party they had a birthday party so a bunch of people and food so we ate again then shared a quick lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was quick and powerful but we soft set them to baptism so we're super excited!! Saturday I was on exchanges with Elder Saenz, our Zone leader. It was cool they are super big on talking to everyone so we gave it a shot and it was really cool. It was weird to see how comfortable I am in doing that now and how far Ive come. We went to Wendy's for lunch and it was good but we heard Chris Brown Beautiful People on the Radio!! hahahahha Sunday was great. Nikolas and Felicita Sotelo came to church!! It was soooo cool to see them. They really enjoyed it too. Plus a sister came up to us and told us her 9 year old son wants to get baptized so come over. IT WAS BOMB!! Then good rest of the meetings as well then after church had dinner with our BRanch Pres and his family like every sunday and it was good and fun then it got coolwe went over to this apartment complex to try and see some people. The first one wasn't there so we went to try this PMF young couple where he was listeneing to missionaries then didn't really like the sisters so they weren't sure if we'd get let in or not but we did!! It was AWESOME!! So we talked adn built a relationship with them so we're excited what it will bring. I sure do love you all. I'm excited for this week to officially say I'm 20. Les Extrano un monton y les amo tambien. y espero que uds sean feliz en cada cosa. Porque sus ejemplos yo puedo ser un misionero con confianza. yo puedo sentir su apoyo cada dia y cada semana. Les amo Y tengan una buena semana.
 
Love, Elder Dubois 

Comments

Popular Posts